Entry Level Career Firefighter EMT
Snohomish County Fire Districts 7 is creating an eligibility list for entry-level firefighter. Eligible candidates must complete a FireTEAM test administered by National Testing Network (May 1, 2018 or newer). The last date to complete the FireTeam test is October 6, 2018. Candidates must complete a valid CPAT (Jan. 1, 2018 or newer). The last day to complete a CPAT is October 27, 2018.
Successful candidates will be placed on an eligibility list used by Snohomish County Fire Districts 7.
Application Period: Open Continuous
Salary Information: Fire District 7 $5,516/month (70% of top firefighter pay)
- Benefit Information:
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, HRA
- Deferred Compensation
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Educational Incentive
- LEOFF II Retirement
Department Overview: Snohomish County Fire District 7 is a state-of-the-art emergency service provider serving nearly 116,000 citizens in a 98.5 square mile area of unincorporated Snohomish County and the City of Monroe. Fire District 7 also provides contracted service to the City of Mill Creek
Fire District 7 has 186 employees and respond to more than 11,500 calls each year. We respond from 8 fire stations that are staffed 24 hours per day. We provide ALS and BLS service along with fire suppression, water rescue, fire prevention, inspections, and public education. We are also members of the county hazmat and technical rescue teams.
US Citizen: Lawfully work in US
High School Grad/GED: Yes
Valid WASHINGTON State Driver's License: Yes, be able to provide a valid drivers license at time of application and be able to obtain a WA State driver license at time of appointment
Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
Academy Certification: WA State Fire Academy not required, but preferred.
Prior Experience: One (1) year experience as a structural firefighter within the last two (2) years.
Necessary Qualifications: Valid WA State EMT or NREMT certification at time of application.
Additional Requirements: Successful candidate must meet the Washington State Retirement health eligibility requirements.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Washington State Certified
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 Certification or Recruit Academy Equivalent
- Valid Washington State Driver's License
- Valid and acceptable Drivers Abstract from WSDOL
- Successful completion of criminal history check
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination
- Current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- Note CPAT card date must be within one year of dated application
- $16.00 an hour pay
- $1.00 an hour Medical VEBA
- $500.00 Annual Training Allowance
- Application Deadline - January 31, 2019 by 4:30 PM
- Download Part-Time Firefighter Application
Mail completed applications to:
Attn: Assistant Chief Eric Andrews
163 Village Court
Monroe, WA 98272