Entry Level Career Firefighter EMT 2020-01
Full-Time || $5,654 - $5654 Monthly
Status: Creating Eligibility List
Job Classification: Entry Level Career Firefighter EMT
Snohomish County Fire District 7 is looking for a group of individuals to join our family. If you have a passion for serving others, are a continuous learner who works well in a team environment and are respectful, effective and humble acting with integrity in all your actions, we what to talk with you. Come earn trust through action with us!
Snohomish County Fire Districts 7 is creating an eligibility list for entry-level firefighter. Eligible candidates must complete a FireTEAM test administered by National Testing Network (March 15, 2019 or newer). The last date to complete the FireTEAM test is March 15, 2020. Candidates must complete a valid CPAT March 15, 2019 or newer). The last day to complete a CPAT is March 15, 2020. https://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/
Successful candidates will be placed on an eligibility list used by Snohomish County Fire Districts 7.
Application Period: 01-01-2020 to 03-15-2020
Salary Information: $5,654/month (70% of top firefighter pay)
- Benefit Information:
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, HRA
- Deferred Compensation
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Educational Incentive
- LEOFF II Retirement
Department Overview: On January 1, 2020 Lake Stevens Fire and Snohomish County Fire District 7 merged agencies. Snohomish County Fire District 7 now serves over 162,000 people over 140 square miles and is dedicated to saving lives, protecting property, and taking care of people. We serve the cities of Lake Stevens, Mill Creek, and Monroe along with the unincorporated areas surrounding these communities.
Fire District 7 has approximately 300 employees and responded to more than 17,000 calls last year. We respond from 11 fire stations that are staffed 24 hours per day. We provide ALS and BLS service along with fire suppression, water rescue, fire prevention, inspections, and public education. We are also members of the county hazmat and technical rescue teams.________________________________________
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Age: 18
- US Citizen: Lawfully work in US
- High School Grad/GED: Yes
- Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
- Prior Experience Required: One (1) year experience as a structural firefighter within the last two (2) years.
- Required Certifications: Valid State Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification at time of application.
- Preferred Experience: Completion of an approved Fire Academy.
- Additional Requirements: WA State Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) certification at time of hire. Valid driver’s license at time of application and ability to obtain a WA State driver license by time of hire. Successful candidate must meet the Washington State Retirement health eligibility requirements.
- TO APPLY
- Complete the required forms: Application, Questionnaire and Background Release
- Complete required testing: FireTEAM and CPAT
Submit to Human Resources:
SNOHOMISH COUNTY FIRE DISTRICT 7
Attn: Human Resources
163 VILLAGE CT. SE
SNOHOMISH, WASHINGTON 98272
Part-time Firefighter (2019-04)
- Minimum Requirements:
- Washington State Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certified
- Firefighter 1 (FF1) certification or Recruit Academy equivalent
- Valid Washington State Driver License
- Acceptable driving abstract from Washington State Department of Licensing
- Acceptable criminal background check
- Pre-employment medical/drug screen
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) at time of application – valid no more than one (1) year prior to application date
- Hourly wage of $16.00
- HRA VEBA - for every one (1) hour worked $1.00 contributed to a medical reimbursement account
- Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) retirement pension
- Application forms:
- Application for employment
- Application addendum questionnaire
- Release of information authorization
Attn: Human Resources
163 Village Court
Monroe, WA 98272